The inaugural British Airways Run Gatwick International Half Marathon will take place at 9:00am on Sunday 13th May 2018.
Don't miss your chance to be part of our first year!
Set over a fully closed route, the single-lap course takes in a combination of town centre, beautiful rural Sussex and Surrey countryside and the buzz of Gatwick Airport.
This event is brought to you by the team behind the award winning Run Reigate which was voted the UK’s best half marathon in 2017.
About The Race
This race will provide a high quality runner experience with the huge bag drop, amazing festival stage with live music and commentary, staggered start times (with runners separated according to their estimated finish times), en-route toilets, and regular water stations (offering bottled water). Not forgetting your collectable 2018 technical t-shirt, bespoke medal and banana for every finisher.
What we’ll give you – each runner will receive:
- A high quality medal
- A 2018 collectable technical t-shirt
- Chip timing
- Bag storage
- Water stations (at regular 3 mile intervals)
- Pre-race warm-up
- Pacing team (covering: sub 1:30 / sub 1:40 / sub 1:50 / sub 2:00 / sub 2:10 and sub 2:20 finish times)
- First aid stations in the event village and throughout the race
- Post-race refreshments
- Live music and stage entertainment
- Fantastic scenery and a memorable experience
Our exciting Event Village will provide a place for runners to sample sports nutrition, liaise with the organisers and meet the event’s charity partners to find out more about their vital work in the local community.